Seymour Furlong Lawyers

Last updated on June 22nd, 2023 at 03:01 pm

Many are unaware of the strict time periods that come with lodging a car accident claim in Queensland.

It important to lodge this form with the relevant Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurer as soon as possible. Otherwise, the claim could be rejected if the insurer receives it more than 9 months after the date of accident, or the first appearance of symptoms of injury.

If the case is that an unidentified car is involved in the motor vehicle accident, then the Notice of Accident Claim (NOAC) Form should be lodged with the Nominal Defendant within three (3) months of the accident.

The Nominal Defendant is a statutory body established for the purpose of compensating people who are injured as a result of the negligent driving of unidentified or uninsured motor vehicles. This ensures that your rights are covered, even if the vehicle at fault is unknown or uninsured.

Should the form be lodged outside of any of the time-frames mentioned above, a reasonable excuse for the delay should be attached.

If you decide to retain legal representation from Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers, the form should be given to the CTP insurer against whom the claim is to be made within one (1) month of the initial consultation.

More information about car accident claims can are also available on our website:

As this is general information and every case and incident is unique to their own, if you wish to seek legal advice regarding your matter, Seymour Furlong Lawyers are readily available to assist you in your matter.

Contact us now on (07) 3879 1644 for a free consultation and no-obligation meeting with one of our staff!